No Products in the Cart
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Guest post @eyediblefood
Smashed avo is an absolute brunch favouirte now, found in every health café I visit worldwide. I have put together a quick, easy, super healthy version for you to cook at home in under 15 mins.
I like to season mine with a splash of turmeric, or cayenne pepper. Both spices are really good for inflammation and digestion.
½ lemon or lime
Nutritional yeast (optional)
Salt and pepper
4-6 asparagus stems
1 clove garlic
1. Grab a bowl and throw in one soft scooped-out avocado.
2. Add a generous splash of lemon juice or lime before mashing
3. Season well with salt and pepper and I highly recommend adding a little nutritional yeast. It's an unappealing name for a fantastic ingredient. It has a mild cheesy/nutty flavour and is super creamy on avocado. It is also one of the only ingredients in the world that has high b12 vitamins.
4. Add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil to a frying pan on high heat.
5. Fry some trimmed asparagus, lowering the heat gradually
6. Add a pinch of salt and a clove of crushed garlic. Move the asparagus until it browns and softens a little
7. Toast up your favourite bread, I recommend rye, sunflower or charcoal bread.
8. Plate up with your favourite salad leaves, adding a splash of balsamic vinegar.
9. Boiling your eggs to perfection- Mia’s Top Tips
Main thing: room temperature eggs.
To a pot of rapidly boiling water. Add some salt. Then add the eggs. Put a timer on for four minutes. After the timer goes off, plunge the eggs into a bowl cold water to stop them cooking. If you don’t like runny eggs then wait another 40 seconds to a minute.
When ready, peel the eggs, cut in half and season. You should have the perfect soft boiled egg.
Sprinkle the plate with cayenne/turmeric/nutritional yeast and serve.